Project Protect Environment for a Better Future.
Save Indian’s firmly consider that protection of the environment is everybody’s responsibility. In the Indian Constitution, the Directive Principles of State Policy, Article 48A, it is mentioned that “the state shall endeavor to protect and improve the environment and to safeguard the forests and wildlife of the country”. Article 51-A also declares that “it shall be the duty of every citizen of India to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures.” Hence, to create a conducive situation for environment protection, we have adopted the social project “Protect Environment for Better Future”.
Air quality in Indian cities is worsening fast and is today poorer than the situation in China. Based on WHO Report (2018) on the global ambient air quality database, 11 of the 12 cities in India are having highest levels of small particulate – PM2.5. Excessive exposure to PM2.5 causes irritation in the eyes, nose, and throat, coughing, sneezing, and shortness of breath, and can cause permanent respiratory problems such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, and heart disease. According to a study by the University of Chicago on the Air Quality Life Index (AQLI), pollution in Delhi in 2016 reduced life expectancy by more than 10 years.
There are many reasons for environmental problems in India. Some of them include:
- Ever-growing urbanization in the nation over the last two decades.
- While current cities are still growing, the country is also developing new cities.
- There is a lot of stress on natural resources.
- Increased mining by public and private organizations.
- Deforestation, landslides, and forest fires are reducing the forests.
- Industrial pollution is leading to a lot of environmental issues.
That’s how Indian citizens are facing many a problem related to the environment.
To provide sustainable remedies to the environmental difficulties, the Save Indian Foundation has started the social project “Protect Environment for Better Future” and planned the following campaigns and programs to reduce the problem:
- Organizing awareness campaigns to stop using plastic, stop polluting the water bodies and stop using fueled vehicles to reduce air pollution.
- Donating plants and saplings, and conducting Green Drives.
- Encouraging the public for plantations and funding for public parks, greenery spaces, etc.
- Distributing eco-Ganesh idols on a mass scale during Ganesh Navratri.
- Organizing Campaigns in schools and colleges and creating awareness among young citizens on the duty to protect nature.
How is Save Indian’s different?
Save Indian’s is determined to work with all stakeholders such as children, youth, government, and social organizations to bring awareness, fund green projects, and create a conducive situation for environmental balance. Click donate and become a part of the Project Protect Environment for a better future.