School Education to Rural Children
Education is the only ladder for these rural children to climb out of poverty. Isha Vidhya creates a bright future for 7158 rural children in its 9 rural schools..
Give Education for Children
As per the 2011 Census, the total literacy rate in India stands at 74.00 percent and the rate of literacy among women is only 65.46 percent. According to the recent national data records, the dropout rate for girls at the elementary level is 4.10% which increases to 16.88% at the secondary level. These figures are considerably higher for girls from vulnerable groups such as 19.05% for SC (Scheduled Castes and 24.4% for Scheduled Tribe groups [Source: Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE), 2015-16].
There are many factors inhibiting Female Literacy in India. Some of them are:
- Gender-based inequality, especially parental attitude towards girl’s education
- Social discrimination and economic exploitation
- Occupation of girl child in domestic chores
- Marriage at an early age
- Low enrolment of girls in schools and low retention rate and high dropout rate
- Safety concerns at schools and improper infrastructure at schools
- The distance between home and school
- Lack of affordable sanitary napkins and absence of separate and functional toilets
Due to all these reasons, many teenage girls tend to become irregular to school and drop out before completing their schooling.
To address these burgeoning issues, Save Indians Foundation has espoused the social project “Acting as Change Agent for Girl Child Education” and earmarked the following social campaigns and activities for the same:
- Conducting awareness campaigns for parents in village/Mandal/district level on Girl Child Education
- Donating Sanitary Napkins to school and college-going girls and creating awareness on period hygiene
- Constructing/repairing secured toilets for girl children in schools
- Sponsoring the education of girl children in schools
- Donating educational kits to girl children
- Providing access to better nutrition, and healthcare for girl children
What Make Us Different
Sponsoring the education of girl children in schools
Providing access to better nutrition, and healthcare for girl children
Donating educational kits to girl children
Donating Sanitary Napkins to school and college-going girls and creating awareness on period hygiene
Conducting awareness campaigns for parents in village/Mandal/district level on Girl Child Education
We Need Your Help
Save Indian’s is fully determined to bring sustainable change in the domain of Girl Child Education in India using various results-driven projects and campaigns. Through the comprehensive approach, we want to enhance the enrolment and sustenance of girl children in school education.